Summer Session: July 6th – August 6th
Register today! (269) 348-0883
Download the schedule: 2020 Summer classes (pdf)
The KLC offers several types of free online classes designed for English Language Learners to reach their individual goals. Our wonderful team of trained volunteers tutor these motivated learners using special techniques to help them grasp language skills for conversational/social interactions, academic excellence, and workforce readiness. Our ESL program strengthens reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills, in addition to spelling and comprehension.
Jackie Denoyer, KLC ESL Adult Learning Services Navigator
We have an open enrollment policy so learners can join anytime! All that’s needed is photo ID, either a passport, driver’s license, Kalamazoo County ID card, or Michigan ID card.
- English as a Second Language: Pre-literacy, low and high beginning, intermediate, and advanced classes with lessons designed to improve cultural understanding as well as English literacy skills.
- Job Skills: Helps learners obtain better reading and writing scores, write cover letters and resumes, and better understand language for the workplace.
- Burlington English Lab: Uses the computer-based Burlington English curriculum which combines academic and workforce readiness skills to actively engage and prepare learners for post secondary education and job training.
- TOEFL®: Preparation for the TOEFL® exam for higher education and academic goal-oriented learners.
- Citizenship: English learning and civics classes to prepare for the U.S. Citizenship Test.