The KLC offers several types of free classes designed for English Language Learners to reach their individual goals. Our wonderful team of trained volunteers tutor these motivated learners using special techniques to help them grasp language skills for conversational/social interactions, academic excellence, and workforce readiness. Our ESL program strengthens reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills, in addition to spelling and comprehension. Plus, we’ve extended our Health Literacy program featuring nutrition and cooking classes to help our learners make healthy lifestyle choices.
- English as a Second Language: Pre-literacy, low and high beginning, intermediate, and advanced classes with lessons designed to improve cultural understanding as well as English literacy skills.
- Job Skills: Helps learners obtain better reading and writing scores, write cover letters and resumes, and better understand language for work environments (Distance Learning).
- Burlington English Lab: Uses the computer-based Burlington English curriculum which combines academic and workforce readiness skills to actively engage and prepare learners for postsecondary education and job training.
- TOEFL®: Preparation for the TOEFL® exam for higher education and academic goal-oriented learners.
- Citizenship: English learning and civics classes to prepare for the U.S. Citizenship Test.
Important dates for December:
Tuesday, December 17: Testing by appointment only. No ESL classes.
Wednesday, December 18: No Burlington English or Citizenship classes.
Thursday, December 19-January 6: Winter break, no ESL classes.
The KLC also partners with many organizations throughout the region to offer classes in multiple locations so learners can make choices that are best suited for their interests, schedules, or transportation needs.
Click on any location on the map for more details.