- This event has passed.
Health Literacy Class: Coronavirus for Literacy and Language Learners
April 3, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Please join us for a free online class designed for anyone wanting to understand the facts to keep themselves, their families, and their communities safe. The curriculum is ideal for tutors, learners, and literacy advocates as we all work together to flatten the curve of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Click here to join the meeting.
|Meeting number (access code): 472 936 279|
|Meeting password: 4FvQcJMyw83|
April 3, 2020: Lesson 2 What is the risk of getting sick and what do I do if I get sick?
After completing this lesson, learners will be able to:
1. Speak, read, and write the vocabulary needed to understand recommendations from the CDC
and the WHO.
2. Explain and act on the CDC recommendations in the “Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease” poster.
3. Explain the risks in getting the virus, how they vary by age, and what to do if someone in their
family gets the virus.
4. Explain the nature of this pandemic and how we must all work together to “Flatten the Curve.”
5. Develop a plan for themselves and their families if one person gets sick.